Friday, 4 June 2010

Q&A With Ellem

I'm terrible at introductions, so I'm going to let my Q&A make my first impression for me.

What are you reading now?
Right now I'm reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. I've been a big fan of the showtime series and it's only fair that I give the book a go too. So far I've found it quite different from the series, but in a very good way.
Favourite Book?
That's got to be Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. It's a cliché I know, but it's such a common favourite for a reason. It was the first book to ever truly grip me, and it's also what got me into reading in the first place.
Favourite Author?
Roland Barthes.
First book you ever read that you couldn't put down?
As I said before that was Ender's Game but saying that again would be cheating. I'm going to have to say Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn. At a point when I was beginning to lose my love of literature this book re-ignited that spark.
Favourite Quote?
"When I was five years old, my Mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy" they told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.

No comments:

Post a Comment