Friday, 4 June 2010

Q&A With Erin

What are you reading right now?
I'm never reading one book at a time, so here's the current list. (It's shorter than usual, because I'm busy):
All But My Life by Gerda Weissmann Klein
The White Cat by Holly Black
Touching Darkness by Scott Westerfeld (This is probably the twentieth time I've been through it.)
Hacking Harvard by Robin Wasserman

Favorite Book?
In young adult, definitely Scott Westerfeld's Midnighter's series or Suzanne Collin's The Hunger Games.
Outside of young adult, probably George Orwell's 1984, Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven, or Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, (I can never decide which one).

Favorite Authors?
Scott Westerfeld, Maureen Johnson, Robin Wasserman, Libba Bray, John Green, Justine Larbalestier, Suzanne Collins, Orson Scott Card, and Audrey Niffenegger.

First book you ever read that you couldn't put down?
I've loved reading for as long as I can remember, but I guess as a child the first two books that really influenced me were The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare and Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls.

Favorite quote?
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning." -Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment