Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Q&A with Jen

Hi! I'm Jen, and will be a part-time contributor to the blog. I'm hoping to post a review every month or two. Here's my introduction, and my first review should be up soon.


What are you reading now:
Mad in America: Bad Science, Bad Medicine, and the Enduring Mistreatment of the Mentally Ill by Robert Whitaker. Next up, I think, will be Fool Moon by Jim Butcher, or Ruby's Humans: A Dog's Eye Memoir by Tom Adrahtas and Woman and the Demon: The Life of a Victorian Myth by Nina Auerbach

Favourite Book:
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

Favourite Authors: Natalie Goldberg, Thich Nhaht Hanh, Jim Butcher, Simon R. Greene, George R. R. Martin, Ann Brashares, Stephen Hall, Laurell K. Hamilton

First book you ever read that you couldn't put down:
I don't really remember, but at a very young age I read "Fred and Ted are Friends" so many times my parents had to replace the book after it fell apart.

Favourite Quote:
My favorite writing quote is: The Muse cannot resist a working writer - Ray Bradbury
My favorite quote in general is: Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you. - Aldous Huxley

1 comment:

  1. Looks like this is an area of books I've never really ventured into before - should be interesting to try some different books on your recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete